Johnson73's avatar

Pi by Givenchy

Pi is a very sweet fragrance, but I don't find it overly so; I've tried far sweeter (A*men comes to mind). It also has acquired somewhat of a reputation for being a vanilla overload, but I also don't believe this to be the case. Vanilla is prominently featured, but I think the pyramid describes Pi fairly accurately; it starts out with a blast of citrus over the vanilla, and as the fragrance dries down, wood takes the place of the citrus notes and complements the vanilla. Pi is excellent in cold weather; admittedly, it does seem a bit on the synthetic side, and far better vanilla scents (Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, etc.) exist. However, for the price range it's in, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a much better vanilla-based fragrance.

14 August, 2009