JimProfit357's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

A true masterpiece.

I think a particularity of this fragrance is that it defies the traditional behavior of the top/middle/base notes, where the top notes are fleeting, the middle note stay the longest and the base notes are only detectable upon complete drydown.

Here, it's like the middle notes form a support structure for the top notes, that stay interwinded together for a few hours until in finally crashes down through it's foundations, and the sublime, elusive base notes appear out of nowhere to console you, and remind you to spray on some more in a few minutes.

Mint and lavender can often ruin a fragrance, but those are masterfully tamed in this scent, relegated to a supporting role, they only keep the top notes from running away too fast, yet only those that need to stay.

I think the sharpness is very tolerable, and I get the cleanness through the whole thing, even in the basenotes I can't find anything remotely dirty.
    I fact I'll go as far as saying it's my favorite clean fragrance.

For a lazy day at home, or office/classroom days where offensiveness might be an issue.
    I don't think of it as a seduction fragrance even though it is reassuring and got me a lot of compliments.

The only downfall is that you have to use every trick in the book to get some sillage and longevity.
    My favorite setup is to spray my neck often but only once on my wrists, because the base notes are so special and personal you don't want to ruin that.

Two thumbs up.