SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Gotham by Neil Morris Fragrances

Amber and leather dominate this and they are quite potent. The opening is bitter and a touch peppery, light herbal pepper like finely crushed tarragon or another leafy spice that's peppery. And, hey, rose! Argh I don't like rose... but the rose is calm here and sometimes mingles with the peppery accord. Very nice. Just too much strength for me. But... just let this drydown for you and see how it goes. Seems like everyone gets something a little different.

I'm torn. I like this yet I will never ever find a use for owning a bottle but I'd recommend it for others. Namely those that like the strong stuff from years past but needs something that is more... modern? I like the quality. I like the texture. It's on the animalic side yet feels "fresher" (maybe "not as loud"?) than something other leather and amber scents that just turn on me. On a guy? It's masculine. On a gal? It's feminine. On the weird person in the corner muttering to himself? It's unisex.

I will give one very positive, very subjective comment: it's darned sexy and it depends on who wears it.

25 September, 2009