OlfactoryExperience's avatar
    OlfactoryExperience

Lapidus pour Homme by Ted Lapidus

I'm so glad that I finally mustered up the courage to order a sample of this. I am delighted to have sampled it, and I'm planning to get a bottle soon. This fragrance is absolutely enchanting! From my first sniff from the edge of the sample vial lip, I knew I was going to like this fragrance. The pineapple and lemon are immediately recognizable in the opening. If you are not experiencing this, then you're missing a big part of the scent's presentation; I strongly urge you to sniff again! But despite the pineapple and lemon, you can also smell the underlying warmth of flowers with a certain sweetness - the honey! What a beautiful note to add to a fragrance when used judiciously. Its such a familiar and natural way to add sweetness without being synthetic or unimaginative like adding vanilla. Finally, it dries down to a deep, damp, woody base of patchouli and sandalwood. I read that one must love patchouli to enjoy this fragrance. Well, I didn't know that I love patchouli but I guess I do now! This dry-down gives the fragrance an air of sophistication and prestige that relegates it to those instances when you want to walk around like you own the place. This fragrance makes me feel like I'm destined for royalty!!! I love it!

26 August, 2009