Merbert's avatar

Tabu by Dana

When I was a very young child, I detested Tabu. I also hated root beer and associated one with the other. It is now clear that, as a child, I knew nothing about drydown and that the scent of a perfume changes over time. So, 50 years later, I gave a fresh vintage bottle of Tabu a try. Sure enough, sickly sweet root beer scent hit me between the eyes, bringing a flashback to my youth, sneaking a sniff of the stuff on my aunt's dresser. There was also the smell of sour cat urine. I patiently waited for the drydown which seemed to take forever. After what seemed like over an hour, I was left with a hot and dirty Oriental that, I confess, isn't half bad. Would I buy it? No. Do I understand why it has remained on the shelves for so long? Most certainly.

28 April, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 August, 2010)