donna255's avatar

Northern Ireland Northern Ireland

Alpona by Caron

I had read about Alpona in the Emperor of Scent by Chandler Burr. But as it was only available from a Boutique as Urn never thought I would be able to try.
    The chance came and what can I not rave about this wonderful of fragrance. Classed as a Fruity Chypre,this is not your usual of this family.
    Starts with a blast of orange,which I usually hate in fragrance,but this is not cloying sticky orange. Perhaps it is the grapefruit which helps balance the orange. Lush roll the word on your tongue and that is Alpona. Ripe,lush rich wonderful. Thyme and myrrh sit in the middle giving an oriental feel
    to the juicy fruits. I hope I am making your mouth water as that is what Alpona is all about.For anyone who loves fruity chypres you have not lived until you try the Nirvana that is Caron's Alpona.
    Everyone can wear it men or women.

18th November, 2004