Bigsly's avatar

Nu Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

I can see the comparison to Oscar Pour Lui, but it's more like the new formulation of it, which is more "compressed," whereas the original formulation had more "space" between the notes. One difference is that OPL has a more earthy quality, whereas Nu EdP feels lighter. However, I can understand why some think it smells synthetic or medicinal. I'm not sure if it was meant to smell this way, or if this was the best they could do to achieve a certain kind of desired effect. You might have to give yourself time to grow accustomed to the scent, which of course some people just don't want to do (as is their right). It has a kind of internal dynamism, but otherwise doesn't change much for hours. One spray to the chest lasts me for a dozen hours or more, and the sillage is just right. Because it is a bit of an odd smell, not as "natural" as OPL, I only wear this one every two or three months at most, but I do enjoy it most of the time.

01st May, 2010