Bigsly's avatar

Sienna by Crabtree & Evelyn

There is too much lavender in this for me. It reminds me of Tuscany by Aramis more than anything else. It's good but nothing special. I suggest Dorall's Mustang or Z-14 if you are on a budget. If not, there are plenty more things I'd prefer, even if I didn't mind lavender as much as I do, such as M7 or Michael for men (not that they are similar, but that they are also "heavy-duty masculine" fragrances.

My old "newbie" review:

I wonder if Dorall's Mustang is a copy of this. The differences are very subtle. I haven't investigated thoroughly (comparing side by side) because I don't like either one much. They are musky, with what seems to be mostly a cumin/soft leather accord dominating all the way through (after the top notes are gone, which I try to avoid). I don't get any clear wood note. It's the kind of fragrance you will probably really like or will hardly ever want to wear, though it's not nasty in any way. The top notes seem to suggest this will go in a different direction, but in any case, the longevity and sillage are very good to excellent. I'll give it a neutral because it doesn't have the dynamism I seek, not because I don't really like the scent all that much.

27 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 22 December, 2009)