Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

Daim Blond by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I get way too much fruitiness in this fragrance, and would not consider it "unisex" if I were the one to make the decision. I don't get much in the way of leather, or really anything else. Perhaps it's a "skin chemistry" issue. In any case, I don't really find anything interesting, unique, or pleasant about it. I'd rather wear Cinema, actually, because I find that to be pleasant, and not quite as "feminine." Some have compared DB to Histoire d'Eau, but I like Hd'E much better, and I don't think there is much of a reason to compare them. Hd'E has better note articulation and I'd call that one unisex. The drydown is more vanillic, less fruity, and you can detect some suede or soft leathery quality. DB is natural enough, but linear on me. Projection/sillage and longevity are very good.

09 May, 2010