Echo777's avatar

Envy for Men by Gucci

I've never smelled a Gucci scent that I didn't like. All bias aside, this is perhaps the best Gucci creation ever, although Pour Homme is a close second.

This has a sharp (but not too sharp) pine needle scnet in that dries down into a sublime incence and vanilla scent. Not too woodsy, not too sweet, and not too sharp. Envy smells sexy and seductive as well as formal and dignified.

The nutmeg and ginger mixed with the pine scent remind me of Christmas and this is a great cold weather scent that I stick with through winter. Not good for hot weather, but might be tolerable on rainy summer nights. I like it in fall and winter, from sunrise to sunset.

Very classy and extremely well-made. One of my top ten of all time. This ought to end up being the next Polo. It has that green-pine-woods scent. This is what people should reach for in their post-Polo phase. A new classic!

13 June, 2006