Jemimagold's avatar

Diabolo Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine

Diabolo Rose is a lush, bold, true rose fragrance. Because I'd read the notes, I sniffed it a lot to see if I could detect the vaunted "minty" note. It was there but rather faint. It seemed like the mint was more of an accompaniment to accentuate the rosiness rather than to be a separate distinguishable note. I could not detect any of the other notes listed at the end of this review. Diabolo Rose seemed like a true soliflore to me. Going on hour 3, Diabolo Rose 's sillage is quote strong as opposed to its Rosine sister, Ecume de Rose, which was sprayed on my other wrist at the same time and is barely there. If you like Diabolo Rose and want to experiment with slightly more complex rose scents, I would suggest trying Caron's Parfum Sacre and/or The Different Company's Rose Poivree. Also, if you like Diabolo Rose, you should also smell YSLís: A) Paris and B) Paris Roses de Bois as they both exude the same kind of rose intensity.

Per Fishbone's website, here are Diabolo Rose's notes: rose, bergamot, mint, bergamot, lily of the valley, peony, amber, musk and sandalwood.

05 May, 2008