Goldaline's avatar

Gardénia Passion by Annick Goutal

Gardenia Passion smells more like a tuberose fragrance to me, and while I like tuberose based fragrances alot, this one gives me a bad headache. I also find that it doesn't last on the skin that long.

I bought a 100 ml bottle at Selfridges on Oxford St. (London) in the summer of 2006, but after using it three times, I took it back and told the sales assitant that it gave me a horrible headache every time I sprayed it on my skin. Fortunately, she allowed me to exchange it for another AG fragrance (and I chose the men's Hadrian for my husband).

As for the scent itself, it is a warm, heady mix of tuberose and gardenia, with what I can only describe as "buttery" undertones. It's a nice fragrance, and I wish I could wear it; but because of its bad effect on me, I have to give it a neutral rating.

15 May, 2009