Goldaline's avatar

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) by Christian Dior

I had a bottle of this scent as a student, but that was many moons ago. After reading the reviews on basenotes, I decided to try Miss Dior again. So I sprayed some on a freshly showered arm using a tester in a department store early this morning. My initial impression was that this scent has lost something in its reformulation. For the first half hour all I could smell on my arm was a battle for dominance between the different notes, resulting in a non-descript smell. I was hugely disappointed. But then after about an hour, that old familiar Miss Dior scent came through. It seems softer than I remember, and with more creaminess, but there's something about it that says "come back for more". I still prefer the original formulation, and the original bottle, but I can see myself purchasing this one. It really is a unique chypre with a certain class and nostalgia. No wonder it has stood the test of time.

12 May, 2009