Goldaline's avatar

Fleur de Figuier by Molinard

I happened upon this fragrance by chance last week when browsing through the English equivalent of a nickel and dime store. Being a lover of fig fragrances, I bought the only bottle in the shop. There was no tester but I took a chance because of the Molinard reputation for fine fragrances. I also took a chance because the bottle was ridiculously cheap at 7.99 for 100 mls.

Well, when I got home and tore off the security tag (which they'd left on by mistake) and the cellophane wrapper, and sprayed the jus on my wrist, I was transported to heaven. This is a divine fig fragrance. It's pure green fig, nothing more, nothing less. In my view, it even surpasses - just - the wonderful Dyptique Phylosikos and charming Jo Malone Fig & Cassis..

All you fig scent lovers out there - make this your holy grail - to find and try Molinard's Fleur de Figuier. It's a masterpiece.

17 October, 2010