Goldaline's avatar

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

I think the bottle is awful. It reminds me of a flying saucer. It prevented me from testing the fragrance within. But when I came across Insolence EDP in a limited edition classic silver Guerlain bottle in the New Year's sales, I willingly sprayed it on my arm. Half an hour later, I was hooked. I went back and purchased the last available bottle.

Violet and iris are two of my favourite notes and they are balanced beautifully in this fragrance. They, together with the raspberry note, produce a sweetness which is not cloying or sickly but which is sensual and sublime.

In fact, this is a remarkable and sophisticated fragrance with a distinctive sillage. I get compliments whenever I wear it. I also feel wonderful whenever I wear it. There is nothing else like it on the market - not even close. Another Maurice Roucel masterpiece and more than worthy of the name of Guerlain.

10th March, 2010