Goldaline's avatar

Matthew Williamson - The Collection: Lotus by Matthew Williamson

Matthew Williamson is an exciting and innovative British clothes designer, favoured by actresses like Sienna Miller. His clothes are vibrant and colourful. Lotus is one of four fragrances - the other three being Warm Sand, Jasmine Sambac, and Incense - which make up his signature scent, called Matthew Williamson, launched in 2005. Each of these four scents can be worn alone, or in combination with one or more of the others.

While I do not particularly like the Matthew Williamson signature scent, I do love the Lotus scent. Like his clothes, it is vibrant and exciting. It reminds me a lot of Marc Jacobs, which is strange because Marc Jacobs is gardenia based, and Lotus is lotus based. But other people have asked me if I am wearing Marc Jacobs when I wear Lotus, so the similarity must hold for other people, too.

The bottle is also delightful.

18 April, 2009