Noseworthy's avatar

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain

Fascinating ambiguity here - fragrance and stink. But then, consider the grapefruit itself: despite its great shape and color, its oil is not as innocent as the taste of its juice. As a child I used to turn my nose up at grapefruit skin, although I loved the fruit sections or slices. Still feel the same way at 79.
    I happen to like Pamplelune enormously for its "truthfulness", although I was sitting next to a woman on the bus in Montreal the other day when, to my shock and then amusement, she gave me a sort sharp lecture about taking regular showers, and moved to another seat. All I could manage was a Gallic shrug...
    So I don't wear it on public transportation any more.. just wear it for me and my grapefruit-loving friends. Thank you Guerlain - it's a charming, brutal scent.

05 May, 2008