L'Aventurier's avatar

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Let me start by saying that this is not, I repeat, is NOT a fragrance that uses lots of natural ingredients (in fact it's probably entirely synthetic). At that, it smells great and I suppose you could say it smells a little bit natural, considering it smells like gasoline.

Onto the scent itself.... Overall, Silver Mountain Water smells like sweet black currants with a strong, inky/petroleum note, along with something akin to green tea and patchouli. It might seem counter-intuitive, but the ink/petroleum note is actually what I love most about SMW (maybe because I love the smell of petroleum at gas stations). Finally, like Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed, SMW dries down to an ambergris (sweet and clean musk) base.

IMO itís one of the best fragrances for spring and fall - just so crisp and fresh without overdosing on aquatic notes or smelling anything like Aqua di Gio. I have to admit that it does turn a little sour on my skin if I wear it in hot weather, but Iím sure that itís just chemistry. Otherwise, a great one enjoyed by many.

8.75/10

07 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 13 August, 2009)