L'Aventurier's avatar

Muschio di Quercia / Oak Moss by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Oak Moss opens up smelling a little like essential oils and at first, feels old fashioned, but as it dries down everything softens up and 3 main ingredients stand out: vetiver, sandalwood and oakmoss. Once these three notes get the chance to balance each other out, the Oak Moss experience is a great one. Sexy, green and musky.

All in all, the best way I can describe Oak Moss is that it smells like a dewey and sweet forest - thus I agree with Profumo that this is the perfume for Tarzan. When I first smelled Oak Moss, it felt unique but also a little familiar. I thought it was the forest vibe, but I now realize it smells very similar to Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extraodinaire - in fact both fragrances are composed heavily of vetiver, woods and musk (ie. oakmoss in Oak Moss and synthetic musk in VE's case). While I enjoy Oak Moss a lot, I prefer Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle, as it's more dynamic and modern. At that, Oak Moss is a great replacement for VE should one decide they prefer all natural fragrances.

Sillage and strength are moderate.

8.25/10