L'Aventurier's avatar

Incense Rosé by Tauer

Opens with a lot of frankincense and a candied/jam-like note of rose and I’m guessing a bit of clementine. Stays pretty linear the whole time. I feel that this is far more “red” and “embery” than Tauer's Incense Extreme, which to my nose, was very ashy.

I enjoyed experiencing Incense Rose, but at the end of the day, I found myself not really crazy about it. Also, it’s not comforting, nor do I like the character. It's not like IR is annoying or not enjoyable, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Perhaps I feel this way because I'm subconsciously comparing it to Tauer's masterpiece, L'air du Desert Marocain. Either way, Incense Rose just doesn’t put me into a mind state I enjoy, like say, no. 88 or LdDM do. Although it does smell good, it's just not for me. I'd probably appreciate this more on a woman than myself.

07 December, 2008