Sybarite's avatar

Rose Poivrée by The Different Company

This stuff certainly has changed. I mean, I've never really been a fan, even from before this new formulation. But at least it was a passable somewhat realistic rose bush fragrance ~ petals, leaves , stalks, thorns and all, and some added interest. And the first hour was/is pleasant-ish enough. An unusual rose, but then .... a couple of hours in and this stuff just turns seriously nasty. And I should first say that I hardly ever find a perfume "skanky", even when it actually is, it just does not bother me. I fully understand the function of these notes in perfumery. And even enjoy most of them, in moderation. But here, I'm afraid, the urinous notes are just far too much for me.
    It's like a blend of rose, dry grass, pepper, sweaty socks, and piss. Sorry, but I just do not find it at all pleasant after that first hour or so !

01st October, 2009