bbBD's avatar

Romance Silver Men by Ralph Lauren

I'm surprised the experts here didn't pick up on Romance Silver's extreme similarity to Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Purple Label is one of my favorites, but smelling Silver made me wish I hadn't spent the effort searching for a good deal on the elusive PL. i believe both of these fragrances were released around the same time..

Both fragrances center around a blackberry/tobacco accord giving way to a slightly spicy woodsiness. The fruity scent is more pronounced in Silver, the woods more pronounced in PL. Other reviews note pronounced spiciness in Silver... I just didn't notice it but that could just be my skin or perhaps the rather mild (2-spray) application. Like PL, Silver is understated and close to the skin. It lasts a bit longer - I could even still smell it on myself after 10 minutes in a pool - but doesn't develop quite as much. This is great for the office or a dinner with your girlfriend, but it's not a particularly macho-masculine scent.

I'm glad to know that Silver is available when I go through my PL bottle.

26 May, 2008