ToughCool's avatar

Polo Modern Reserve by Ralph Lauren

I'll be the first here. Tried this and immediately purchased it. As a teen or preteen I never really noticed the strength of the initial blast of Polo. Just recently I tried it again and it was overwhelming. I'm not sure if it is the chamomile in the original or what but I didn't like it as much. What Modern Reserve does is mutes that intitial blast to almost nothing and then lets the middle notes and the base of the original come out. this maybe has a little more "green" to it in the middle and drydown. I personally, upon todays testing, find this better than the original. It keeps everything I loved about Polo as a youth, especially the drydown and takes away some of the things that may have kept others away. It is Modern and it is Reserve(d) alright. I love this scent and it will be a new classic for me.

01st October, 2008