Crystal Tips's avatar

England England

LouLou by Cacharel

This was the first proper fragrance I ever wore, which was mine and not borrowed from my mother's dressing table!

I believe it was bought for my birthday not long after it was launched and I was driven to request it because of the promotion surrounding it's arrival. I had a real thing about the 1920's and I'd read about how the model in the adverts had had to have her hair bobbed and coloured to resemble Louise Brooks, so I was really interested to try it.
    My big sister kindly bought me a coffret, which contained the EdP and other goodies and for a good 8 years this was pretty much my signature scent. I interspersed it with other fragrances but I always came back to Lou Lou. Every year the same sister would generously buy me a large bottle and one summer when I was 18, my then boyfriend brought me a bottle back duty free, so I was always pretty well stocked up!

On my skin, Lou Lou is sandalwood and vanilla, the top notes do not last long at all on me. It is soapy and a little heady, but that's how I like it on me. Although I used my last bottle up some years back, I do still smell it in stores and smile in rememberance.

I agree with emoon that this fragrance evokes thoughts of Christmas; my birthday is just before it, so Lou Lou will always remind me of that warm glow and Christmases past. It's a good fragrance on a very cold day.

22nd November, 2008