Crystal Tips's avatar
    Crystal Tips
    England England

Shalimar by Guerlain

I first sampled Shalimar back in the 80's and I adored it! I was a teenaged girl trying the expensive fragrances in Boots, back when they used to stock Guerlain, and I promised myself that someday I would purchase a bottle. I think it was the bottle design itself that drew my attention but the fragrance was amazing, to me it was ice cream floats but at the same time something terribly luxurious.

It took me twenty years to finally purchase that bottle, but I have no regrets as I've grown into it, I still adore Shalimar and on my skin the vanilla really comes through with the tang of bergamot peeping out. My husband also loves this fragrance and says it smells of summer evenings.
    I have the EdT and I find this works well although I do have to spritz again around 5pm. I will try the EdP and extrait next time I'm near a Guerlain counter

28 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 26 February, 2010)