Redbeard's avatar

Number Six by Caswell-Massey

This stuff doesn't last at all. It's even short-lived for a "classical" eau de cologne, though it's not as dilute to start with as 4711 is. Plus it smells like sprite or 7-up to me at first, and then turns into weird musty florals, geranium or something, and makes me envision a flowering garden shrub that's dead and just starting to rot. I'm sure it's not bad for 1780-whatever, but I've tried too many interesting EdCs, and EdC-esque EdTs, to really use this regularly. As is so often the case with real EdCs, the first few minutes are lively and exhilarating enough that I just had to keep it around, though its contemporary 4711 seems less rough around the edges. I prefer Monsieur de Givenchy on the sweeter side, and Burberry Weekend on the drier side.

06 September, 2009