F_Frez's avatar
    F_Frez

Eau Torride by Givenchy

Last week I tested a little sample I had, as my 3 years old daughter wanted to use some "mammy parfume" instead her baby cologne. With my wife we got a couple of samples when visiting Paris in 2002 with some friends. One of them bought a fragrance and got a lot of samples... she let us to choice some ones and we take the Eau Torride ones, recently launched.

On my wife the main notes I felt was citrics, but not in the style of some sporty fragrances, it was supported by a middle notes based on soft flowers and soft woods. When tried it on my daughter, the same notes appeared, but an extra note also appeared, something like a bitter flower, maybe bamboo according to the olfative pyramid.

The fragrance isn't complex... it's at a middle point between a sporty fragrance and a daytime fragrance (my wife used it when traveling, to avoid carrying a bigger bottle of her favorite fragrance). Due to their citric notes, it's recommended for warmer seasons use, it's not strong enough for an evening use.

In Chile the fragrance was launched about 6 months after we got the samples and seemed it wasn't locally accepted: about a year later it disappeared from almost all fragrance stores.

29 October, 2006