mrclmind's avatar

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

There are several fragrance masterpieces which I can appreciate, but don't enjoy wearing (Kouros being one of them). Yet Habit Rouge is masterpiece which is highly wearable in all it's phases of development. This is one of my all-time favorite scents. I'd want it packed in my bags if I were on the proverbial desert island. This should be required sniffing for every young man to teach him what a balanced fragrance smells like. From its citrus blast opening through its floral woody heart all the way down to the sensual vanilla, resinous and slightly animalic base, Habit Rouge is seamless. It is a testament to divine artistry in perfume, and best of all, it smells divine! And yes, I do smell lavender in the opening and heart notes of this composition. It's very discrete, but definitely in there, I don't care what any of the pyramids say.

18 August, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th January, 2010)