Mimi Gardenia's avatar

Bellodgia by Caron

This is for vintage Bellodgia parfum .
    Tenacity is typical of Caron - in particular ,vintage Caron - a couple of dabs here and there,blooms magnificently, literally lasts for hours and the extreme drydown , lasts overnight.** For me and my scent eating skin - this is quite amazing.

Opens up slightly dark and musty , alittle off putting to be truthful but over about half an hour ,it blooms into a dignified ,deeply floral carnationy scent ,rounded warm ,evoking older times ,in the world. A little rose powdery, a little spicey , vanilla all play each other off gracefully for hours and hours. The vanilla is there too ,doing it's peek a boo thing on me. It's a delight. Bellodgia is never overpowering- it 's more of an aura of floral goodness- like you are just surrounded by waves of 'good taste' !

Like true perfume ,this scent goes through so many stages before getting to the grande finale , I am quite amazed. The drydown is so different ! I get incense notes,muskiness, some wood going on ! Dark, mysterious , kind of femme fatale. So what began as a innocent girl turned dangerous femme fatale at the end.
    I have yet to try the new version of parfum but I am sure I will like it - it's Caron and I'm loyal !
    This little bottle of vintage is a treasure and I will probably end up keeping it for my son's wife when he grows up so the future generation will know what 'real' perfume should be like.
    It's sheer poetry.