NebraskaLovesScent's avatar

Chicane by Jacomo

Finding no reviews at all for Jacomo's Chicane, I sought a sample or bottle for purchase. This one is long gone, so samples are not available and full bottles are rare (and priced accordingly). I managed to score a micro-mini for testing purposes.

There is not a lot of info available on this scent, even on Jacomo's website. The Perfume Intelligence website describes it thus: "A floral aldehyde edt with fruity top notes, heart notes of jasmine, ylang-ylang and carnation on base notes of vetiver, sandalwood, Tonka bean and musk."

I feel confident that my tiny bottle has shifted a bit with age and doesn't represent the perfume I would have experienced with a new bottle still in production. Nonetheless, it's a pleasant salty floral, fairly typical for its time. There's a touch of the "hairspray" note I find in some aldehyde scents. (Maybe that's the smell of aldehydes that have gone off with age?) The scent is very dry and green, with no detectible fruits in the top but a hint of sweetness in the base. The opening reminds me of Ma Griffe. The floral heart veers off towards Detchema. The dry-down is clean and slightly grassy.

Sillage and longevity are minimal, which I expected from this EDT of unknown age.

Nice, but probably not worth the search and cost unless you loved it from before. There are plenty of scents still in production that give a similar effect, and Jacomo has better offerings than this one.

14th September, 2010