NebraskaLovesScent's avatar

Paradox Blue by Jacomo

I haven't found many reviews of the older Jacomo women's scents, so I bought a few samples and will share my thoughts.

Paradox (blue) is an EDT and behaves like one. It lasts about four hours, maximum, though it has good sillage throughout.

The fragrance opens with a burst of juicy melon, very similar to Angel or New West. I went through an Angel phase several years ago, and I'm no longer a fan of the over-to-top melon aroma. Fortunately, the melon dissipates after 15 minutes or so.

I own four full bottles of Jacomo fragrances and have sampled another four, including this one. I've come to realize that Jacomo fragrances are all about the dry-down, and Paradox is no exception. What follows those fruity melon notes is something completely different and much more wearable. Paradox evolves to a soft spicy floral and holds this pattern for the next four hours. I detect some similarities in the drydown of Paradox, Aura and Anthracite. Anthracite was discontinued awhile ago, but it seems the company was enamored of it dry-down and used it for a couple later perfumes, with a few tweaks each time.

All in all, it's a very strong "like" but not love. Those loud melon top notes are probably the deal-breaker for me.

14 September, 2010