NebraskaLovesScent's avatar

Jacomo for Her by Jacomo

I'm sampling several Jacomo women's scents this week. Jacomo for Her may be the best of the bunch. It's a beautiful rose chypre available for a great price.

Jacomo for Her opens with cedar and crisp, clean flowers. I get pronounced cedar and rose notes throughout the fragrance, which evolves through the flowers to a typical chypre base. It's dry, woody and not really sweet. Whispers of Cabaret by Parfums Gres and a less-honeyed Ungaro Diva are drawing me in. It also has more than a few things in common with Guerlain's Idylle (but lasts longer than this one) as well as a cheapie gem from Avon called Urban Flowers New York.

Very different from the other Jacomo scents I have tried. I agree with the previous reviewer who calls it quietly sexy and quite sophisticated. This affordable gem is worth a try if you enjoy chypre floral scents. I see no reason why men couldn't wear it, too.

14th September, 2010