NebraskaLovesScent's avatar

Armani Privé Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani

I was lucky enough to score a refill bottle of Armani Privé Bois d'Encens at a discount store. No lovely wooden box with the little stone on top, but even the refill bottle has simple, elegant packaging that looks nice on a dresser top. I would certainly not have paid the ridiculous retail price for a bottle in the wooden container. The perfume is good, but it's not that good!

For such a simple composition,Bois d'Encens really has a lot going on. I espeically love the dry wood overtone. It comes on very peppery, like the fresh-ground stuff from the pepper mill, but those notes fade quickly to a warm, dry, sawdust and incense aroma. Definitely unisex, but I admit that I like the scent of this on my husband's skin better than I like it on mine. I get no sweetness at all from this one when either of us wears it.

The sillage is good. My husband was looking around the room to see if I was burning incense before he figured out the source of this lovely aroma, ha ha! Alas, the persistance is just so-so, as some have already noted. It is barely detectible after two hours, and a faint lingering trace of frankincense was all that remained four hours after application.

23 March, 2009