NebraskaLovesScent's avatar

Rousse by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I bought this one on a trip to NYCs last year. It wasn't my favorite scent at the shop I visited, and wasn't even my favorite Serge Lutens offering, but it was in stock and available in a bottle size that I could take in my carry-on bag, so I bought it. That being said, it is an unusual and lovely woody gourmand and I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it.

Cinnamon, yes, but vastly different from YSL Cinnabar, the only other cinnamon fragrance I had ever sniffed. This is a very good winter scent, though I did dab it on a few times during the warmer months, too. Goes on very cinnamon and candy-like, but the dry-down is a gorgeous, lovely woody scent that lasts for hours. I can spray it on in the morning, work all day, sleep all night and still smell those lingering woody notes the next morning. Excellent sillage and persistance. Definitely not for everyone but worth a sniff if you enjoy foody scents.

14 September, 2008