NebraskaLovesScent's avatar
    NebraskaLovesScent

Midnight Violet by Ava Luxe

Shrinking violets, run away! Ava Luxe Midnight Violet is no fragrance for the timid.

According to her website, the notes for this scent are Violet, Blue Iris, Orris , Earth , Black hemlock, Galbanum, Pink pepper, Cinnamon, Cedar, Sandalwood, Incense, Wood balsam, Moss, Civet and Cashmere musk.

The name of this fragrance is very descriptive. This is a very dark, complex fragrance, and the violet is certainly there, but it takes a little while to reveal itself on the skin. My husband noticed the pink pepper, and the fragrance also has strong orris/iris notes, but I wouldn't classify it as a floral. There is no sweetness at all, and I was initially put off by the strong earthy/animalic notes in this fragrance. Looks like the base notes contain some civet, which people seem to love or hate. On my third wearing, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. Interesting, beautiful and sexy. Smells like an old-fashioned classic, along the same lines as Bal a Versailles or Mitsouko

Midnight Violet is definitely unisex, and it's not going to be everybody's taste, so purchase a sample first. I have sampled it and look forward to purchasing a full bottle!

16 March, 2009