andyman32's avatar

Jaguar (original) by Jaguar

I am a Jaguar fanatic. I own two XJs at the moment and sold a third last year. I assure you that this influenced my decision to purchase this bottle blindly, but not my appreciation of the fragrance. It is an absolutely distinctive, luxuriant fragrance, one that still stands out in my collection, which has become quite extensive. I would characterize the dry down as vanilla, moss, toasted wood, fresh cut grass, orange peel. It is only vaguely powdery, medium-high sweetness, and pleasant. It's a scent that just belongs together with a Sunday afternoon driving around an restored XKE with the top down, or a saturday at the racing green in Saratoga or Churchill Downs. It's a fragrance that WILL get compliments, perfect for a casual (but not totally informal) day out on the town. I suspect

The silage on this fragrance is phenomenal and endurance is long, so use sparingly. Since basenotes.net claims that this is discontinued and I can't find it many places, I will buy a backup bottle from the website where I purchased my first, although it may take several years to use up the first. Strongly recommended for the Jaguar enthusiast or those fond of strolls in the arboretum, afternoons in the museum, those occasions where you want something impressive and pleasant without being too formal or too playful.

31st August, 2008