SmellyNinja's avatar

Versace Man by Versace

It took me a long time to warm up to this. The first few times I found it really off-putting...almost reminded me of cigar chopping old granny smell. Very smokey and peppery, with some heavy floral perfume thrown in. The notes just didn't seem to go well together at all. Strangely though, I couldn't deny that I found myself drawn back to it time over the course time, and eventually I started to warm up to it.

It's slightly synthetic; dare I say it's almost trashy - but in an intriguing, alluring way. Imagine a dingy little out-of-the-way, hole-in-the-wall, south-of-the-border cantina/brothel out of a movie; stinking of smoke and cheap perfume. If you're one of those guys that realize that those are the kinds of places you can have a ton of fun at, then this is you're type of scent.

Make no mistake this is an all or nothing, balls to the wall, sexy, bad boy fragrance and it makes no apologies for being so. It's not subtle in the least, so don't plan on wearing it to work or for out for beers with the boys, but it's right at home in a dark club when you're on the prowl.

Not for everyone, but give it a try and if you don't like it just put it back on the shelf and come back to it when you feel ready. Though not a mature scent, it's probably not something a young person could pull off. It's a good one to have in your collection, but buy the small bottle because it's probably not something you're going to wear all that often (unless of course you go to cheap, smelly cantina brothels all the time - in which case go ahead and buy the big bottle).

11th September, 2009