Rush 2 by Gucci

Not a bad fragrance. GRII is a bit different from Gucci Rush I… It’s weaker and doesn’t last as long as the first Rush. It’s a light scent, quite fresh, and I don’t think the freshness is achieved by citrus, which makes it a bit different from the run of the mill competition. I believe that the freshness is achieved with florals and a touch of green. It’s quite a floral scent, but the florals are more a mild, neutral texture than a bouquet type flowery presentation. I’m unsure of the drydown… I think I get oakmoss, which would be appropriate because Rush II is listed as a chypre and there’s also some musk in there, too. The whole drydown is quite weak to my nose – almost nonexistent. There’s not the greatest longevity to the fragrance. I think Rush I is a much better fragrance: Rush II is disappointing… it doesn’t even seem to be a Gucci.

21st November, 2008