ROUGEnoir's avatar

England England

Bellodgia by Caron

The first time I wore it my spouse commented immediately on the "florist shop" aspect of this fragrance. And it does go on quite fresh and floral. I was slightly disappointed as I'd wanted heady and powerful with carnation dominating. I used to love Roger & Gallet's carnation soaps! I love carnations in the raw. I wanted more...

Day 2: Enchanting. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. A Pied Piper of a fragrance. Sweet. Almost gourmand in sweetness but NOT gourmand. Vanilla fudge? No, too obvious, too crude. I would never have thought this was a fragrance with such a long pedigree. Someone has said it has a timeless quality and I think that's true. My Shalimar is of its time. My L'Heure Bleue also. I love them but they are "dated" (not in a bad way..) Bellodgia has made me curious about Caron. Next stop for me may be Yatagan.

23 October, 2008