ROUGEnoir's avatar

England England

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

2.5 ml arrived yesterday.
    I'm already addicted and am suffering the characteristic headache that afflicts me when I get hold of a must-have fragrance. Patchouli tends to induce headache in me so I assume that's what is responsible in this scent. May have to buy the bell-jar. Certainly intrigues me and I shall experiment with more Lutens.

Soft and powdery and sweet. Doesn't undergo huge changes on my skin but it lasts and lasts. To me it's a very feminine (though not in a light way) rose with a hint of muskiness/ mustiness. Dry certainly and powerful. Heady.

So I'm firmly in the bewildered camp! What's with the skank, the dirt, the filth? I simply can't imagine a man wearing this. Yet they clearly do. I am enjoying it without detecting many of the characteristics other users report. In a way I am disappointed since this was to be a departure for me from Orientals/ florals but it speaks of roses. However it is a lovely thing in itself and I am pleased to have discovered it.

18 October, 2008