FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

I thought I lucked out with the opening of FlowerbyKenzo… I smelled an impressive modern floral accord featuring a clear, minimalist rose note with a background modernistic aquatic note. I say “lucked out” because I didn’t smell the expected violet note, which I tend to strongly dislike. But that feeling of relief lasted only about fifteen minutes. Then the violet note came on unrelentingly, to ruin the fragrance for me. By the time the heart notes have been achieved, the violet dominated in conjunction with a powdery opoponax, vanilla, and the white musk combination. The powder is charmingly feminine and of high quality. The opening was a crystal clear floral presentation – a simplistically beautiful rose-floral accord that is an admirable and creative achievement. I would think very highly of this fragrance if it weren’t for that unrelenting violet note.

01st November, 2010