Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin

The opening is rather sharpish but an otherwise natural green—an attractive green with enough counterpoint to make it interesting right from the first sniff, this green accord is rather tenacious and it seems to hang on a little too long because I start to get quite irritated by it—I have found that too much unrelenting green in a fragrance can be very hard to take. I think that takemyhusbandplz’s thirty minute estimate is just about right, because the scent takes that long to settle down into a green that is more tolerable for the long run. The restraint is accomplished by the accumulation of the scent’s other notes—especially an incense note that is not exactly prominent but does stand solidly in the background. I have no idea why it is called Pheromone, but I sort of like this scent. It is quite a nice green scent with enough going on in it to keep it interesting, and I think it’s at least unisex—probably even rather masculine.

04 December, 2006