AnnS's avatar

Heure Exquise by Annick Goutal

Heure Exquise is one of my HG fragrances. For me it opens with a strong aldehydic galbanum-rose. Sometimes the rose note is very fleeting. The bulk of the heart notes and dry down focuses on a blissful combination of creamy iris and dry powdery sandalwood. It is just divine, sexy and warm. Sometimes the lasting power is not good. A second application about one to two hours after the first seems to make it settle in - and I love the smell of the opening so much that reapplying is no problem for me. The dry body oil formula is also rich and warm and I highly recommend it. Heure Exquise is sexy and sophisticated, and can be worn all year for all occasions. Strangely I find the iris note to be particularly highlighted during very hot/humid weather in the summer. ( It also does indeed smell very much akin to Chanel No. 19, which has a similar galbanum & iris accord, but is much greener and fresher, with a chypre type dry-down. )

04 December, 2008