Salvatore Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

Catchy opening with the coconut and pepper joining with the citrus: It is unique and fresh and enjoyable because of the liquid richness of the coconut and the energy of the spicy pepper. And the opening lasts nicely. I donít get any florals from the middle except maybe some spiciness from the carnation note. The rosewood comes through and provides even more background richness and depth to the fragrance. I love rosewood, so I am liking what Iím smellingÖ The base is a soft wood with the cedar (helped by the rosewood) predominating to my nose. I catch very little sweetness in the base. The pepper / carnation spice from the top remain a bit and lend an almost incense note to the base. Salvatorre Ferragamo is an enjoyable fragrance but it is seriously lacking in longevity.

23 August, 2008