's avatar

Bambou (original) by Weil

I find 'Bambou' really satisfying; it does 'something' special for me -- something both nostalgic and comforting.

It reminds me of chamomile bathing products -- the German ones my mother always bought, which were especially for children.

Funnily, it also reminds me of 'cheap' cologne! Though not 'cheap', meaning sub-par, rather 'cheap' meaning "economical"; I am conjuring the variety, which Mexican markets sell -- usually in plastic splash-vials, that are both really soapy and "bracing". Do I need to mention it? -- the kind my Grandfather wore when I was small.

For me the associations are charming, and I am so delighted to have met this refreshing, casual green scent.

Finally, with a "clean", soapy, affordable, unisex classic out there of this obvious good-breeding and austerity, why would anyone waste their money on the pretentious, overblown, "just-showered" offerings of "Gendarme"...or "Clean"???

Recommended!

23rd January, 2010 (Last Edited: 10th April, 2010)