Lily from the Forest's avatar
    Lily from the Forest
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ange ou Démon by Givenchy

At first I couldn't make up my mind about the smell, it reminded me of candy. But after a minute or 5 it smells the way its going to smell for hours. (At least it lasts) Ange ou Demon smells to me like two things. On the one hand, it smells like something my grandmother would put in het cake. She used to have a little bottle with aroma for baking? Thats what I mean. On the other hand, it also smells like her old white powder.

Without telling my thoughts, I asked Boyfriend what the smell reminded him off. He took his time sniffing and then said: "Cake-flower! The stuff you use to bake a cake? Thats what it smells like." Appearently his mom used the same stuff. Maybe the Dutch ingredients for home made cake are different from the rest of the world, but I doubt it. I'm sorry, but there's no angel, nor a devil in cheap cake-aroma with a powdery drydown. (Soft, old-Powdery-Vanilla fans, this is all yours)

Personally, I wouldn't want to be found dead wearing Givenchy's Ange ou Demon. I SO expected more when I saw the mysterious blonde in the white dress reveal her black lace mask. And the bottle is so gorgeous! This scent is a real dissapointment.

17 December, 2008