cathio's avatar

First by Van Cleef & Arpels

Truly men must love this perfume. I met a Pan AM pilot in Berlin I dated in the mid 70's who told me the most beautiful place in the world to see was Bora Bora. He also told me I had to get FIRST perfume. He loved it. I did make it to Bora Bora and he was absolutely correct about the breathtaking beauty. I also purchased FIRST. I liked it but didn't love it. It just wasn't quite "me" at the time. I had been wearing Oscar. I tried so hard to like it because it cost so much and he liked it. I never finished the bottle. Then my boyfriend at the time purchased the original Georgio perfume in the Rodeo Drive store for me shortly after that and I loved it. So did everyone else. Bye Bye First! They quit making the original Georgio for some reason changed it and released it under that name but different fragrance , unfortunately. I will always remember FIRST fondly and can attest to the fact it does indeed drive some men "crazy". My fragrance of the past 13 years has been MACKIE which I believe to be the best fragrance ever made.

17th December, 2008