Aredore's avatar

Red Door Revealed by Elizabeth Arden

It's too bad that I'm giving this perfume such a bad rating, because I would like to like it!

This was a gift from my aunt when I was sixteen and putting it on again I remember why I never wore this stuff.

The scent of "revealed" is best described in 3 layers. The first is an intense sweetness, the second is a strong floral bouquet and the third, most basic scent is a bit like warm plastic that I think is trying to be a musk of some sort. The end result is a scent that is sweet and powdery with an unpleasant plastic twang that becomes more noticeable as you pull away.

The plasticyness dies down a little as the perfume settles (perhaps it is the result of the plastic spray cap?) but for whatever reason I'm still not impressed with the sweet floral mixture. I don't even think I would want to use it as an air freshener.

I'll be nice and give it a "neutral."

29 December, 2008