shamu1's avatar

Sienna by Crabtree & Evelyn

Sienna is a good spicy leather scent, sort of like a less concentrated version of Kiehl's Pour Homme Essence Oil. What makes Sienna unique is the way the leather is treated: in most leather-heavy fragrances, leather has a sort of shiny, mildly oily smell, but in Sienna, the leather is pungent and smells almost like animal hide.

The only thing I don't like about Sienna is that the notes that give the leather its pungency smell very synthetic, and its syntheticness stands out like a sore thumb for a while. On top of the base leather I smell some bitter, almost harsh, citrus and wood notes, which smell to me like lime and vetiver. I don't find this to be a sweet fragrance at all, but rather a heavy and rough scent.

Sienna is not smooth at all, but rather is spicy and rough. It is dark and a bit crude, but its crudeness actually appeals to me. It's not a great scent by any means, but sometimes I just want to wear a rough n' ready fragrance that brooks no nonsense. Sienna is one of those fragrances, and I like that.

MY RATING: 7/10