ChrisJPN's avatar

Japan Japan

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

I'm a little confused by all the reviews saying this has no sillage or staying power. The first time I wore it to work, two girls walking in at the opposite side of a fairly large room commented that "someone remembered their perfume today" - This was with only 2 sprays. About 6 hours later I was wishing it would disappear. I think it's actually overpowering and a little headache inducing. Not a bad smell but something about it feels quite old and it certainly lacks any sort of sophistication you might be hoping for based on the name and packaging. I get a peppery spice almost immediately which dies down after a while but as others have said, it seems fairly generic and certainly there is nothing "special" about it. I'll give it a thumbs in the middle just because it is quite nice, just not what I look for in a fragrance.

11th June, 2009